Addressing Coverage Gaps When Your Primary Vehicle is a Company Car

November 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM | Posted in Auto, Insurance Policy, Personal Insurance, Specialty Policy | Leave a comment
Tags: , , , , ,

Do you have a company car that you use on a daily basis? If you don’t have a personal auto policy in your own name, you may not have the appropriate coverage to protect yourself personally.

Here are some ways to ensure your personal exposure is covered:

  • If you do not have a personal auto policy of your own and there are no other household policies, you may want to consider a Named Non-Owner policy. This policy covers you as the named insured and would provide liability coverage for any auto you personally rent or borrow. It looks just like a traditional personal auto policy except there is no specific auto listed.
  • If you have a spouse that has an auto in their name but you are not a co-owner of the auto your spouse can add the Use of Other Autos endorsement. This endorsement provides coverage if you were to use someone else’s auto outside the household. As long as you are correctly listed as an operator for household autos, you would have coverage for those vehicles.
  • A commercial auto policy may provide some personal coverage. Check with your Employer or Commercial Agent to see what coverage is available to you.

If you have any questions feel free to call us at 1-888-850-9400.


Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: